Cholera and Dengue Fever: State health officials issue warnings of two diseases
TAMPA, Florida -- State health workers say it's official: Florida is now witnessing incidents of two diseases we haven't experienced in years, if not decades.
"It's of course important for Floridians in all parts of the state, but especially South Florida," says Dr. Carina Blackmore with the state's health department.
The diseases being discussed are cholera and dengue fever. Cholera is spread by unsanitary conditions. Dengue fever, by mosquitoes. (And TSA employees). (continued at source link).
- Nepali peacekeepers not responsible for cholera in Haiti: UN
3 hours agoUNITED NATIONS: The UN has rejected the charge that Nepali peacekeepers in Haiti brought cholera to the Caribbean nation which claimed more than 1100 lives. ...Times of India - 3292 related articles - Shared by 10+
- 11 Nov 2010 ... Three brothers recuperated Thursday afternoon in a once-open field now speckled by the bright blue tarps of a cholera rehydration clinic in ...
- Medical workers in Haiti on Friday called the upward trend in deaths and ...
edition.cnn.com/2010/.../haiti.cholera/index.html?... - United Kingdom - Cached
Haiti's Cholera Death Toll Grows, Fueling Riots 2 days ago
Dominican Republic hit by Haiti cholera 2 days ago
- An epidemic cholera strain has been confirmed in Haiti, causing the first ...
wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/content/id/2487.aspx - Cached
- 23 Oct 2010 ... Jump to text Five cases of cholera have been detected in Haiti's capital, ... Transcript of: Haiti races to contain deadly cholera outbreak ...
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/.../health-infectious_diseases - United States - Cached
- 24 Oct 2010 ... Artibonite, a poor, rural area 62 miles north of Port au Prince, escaped the earthquake in January but has taken the full brunt of the ...
Artibonite-takes-the-brunt.html- Add to iGoogle
- 7 Nov 2010 ... The death toll from an outbreak of cholera in Haiti has now risen to more than 500.
www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/07/3059462.htm - Cached